16/10/2012

Inzane In The Membrane.



I SAW ZANE LOWE ON FRIDAY NIGHT…

…and oh my life. I am actually in awe at how amazing he is. I was audio-bullied by the speakers the entire night, battered from the sonic tidal waves and left feeling like my ears were blocked with cotton for the walk home. You see, the thing about Zane Lowe is that he doesn’t make the records as such, but the things he does with them when playing a set is absolutely mind blowing. As many of you may know (or probably don’t) Zane Lowe is one of my inspirations - he is partially responsible for me choosing the path in life that I’m taking; a reason for me to be at University and studying what I’m studying, and to see him in the flesh, with nothing but a barrier between us is SURREAL. 



Last night he was the sole party responsible for the awesome time I had. What I loved about his set is that he can just take two tracks, let it be dance, dub step, hip-hop, metal or DnB and clash them together in such a fine tuned way to create a perfect seamless link from one track to the next. Songs you never thought would go together sounding as though they were meant to be the originals. Mixing, scratching and playing his way through the night, Zane Lowe is down with the crowd; he gets the body of the floor to partake in a frenzy of euphoria; every single person is lost in the music and he is too.

What I love the most is the heart and soul he pours into his show. People can say what they like about him, but they can’t deny the passion that Lowe has for the job he does and the music that carries him through. The mutual connection and respect between him and the crowd just goes to show that the guy is just in it for the music, just as much as the crowd are. 

So if you haven’t guessed, I LOVE ZANE LOWE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment