25/05/2013

Products: Top 5

One of the things I love the most about the blogs I read and the videos I watch on YouTube are the product reviews. Whether it's beauty stuff, clothes, weird home items, music, books, films... I could go on – you could talk to me about gardening and I'd love it!

So I thought I'd give it a whirl and tell you all what beauty related products I'm loving at this very moment in time. Some of the stuff is dirt cheap! I'm a student and budget means everything every time I go shopping (WOE.) and so I have to take that major factor into account. The things I've featured however, are decent and I'm really impressed with them.

Here goes...


1) NIVEA - IN SHOWER BODY MOISTURISER SKIN CONDITIONER:
I'm lazy. I absolutely despise having to moisturise every day! It's such a lengthy chore and I kind of think that once I've showered I can't be bothered to apply more stuff everywhere all over again. Alas, my prayers have been answered in a heavenly product that has made my life a lot easier and my skin a lot softer! 

This product has sea minerals in it apparently (I'm sure this is a good thing!) but what I can tell you is that, despite what is in it, it works a charm! It leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth and it is so easy to use. Before you get out of the shower, just slap it on, rub in, rinse it off and Bob's your uncle. You're sorted for the day. No more faff, that's it. It smells nice too, and you're left smelling really clean all day and that is actually such a wonderful thing. 

I bought this product in Asda (UK Walmart) for £4 and I'm pretty sure you can get it everywhere! 


 2. BATISTE DRY SHAMPOO - CHERRY:

As mentioned in the post before, I have dyed, red hair which is better left unwashed for longer to keep the colour in. I used to wash my hair every other day religiously, but now I do it around every four days. I know what you're thinking, EW, right? Well actually, it's not that bad thanks to this bad boy.

Spraying it on at the roots and brushing it through dries out and eliminates grease, leaving your hair fresh. I used to use the tropical flavoured one, but lately my nostrils are not so welcoming to the scent. This cherry flavoured dry shampoo however, is not too overbearing yet smells deliciously fruity. Adds a little bit of root lift too! 


You can buy this everywhere, and like the previous product I bought this in Asda for £2.69? Around that figure...




3. BENEFIT FAKE UP CONCEALER:

This concealer is a miracle worker. As I've been getting older and staying up later, the circles under my eyes have been getter darker and darker and I wasn't sure what to do about it. On my birthday, my sister and I went shopping for everything and the first destination on the list was the Benefit counter. The lady was helpful and guided my decision to by the Oxywow Foundation and Fake Up Concealer. 

My eyes looked fresher, more awake and the formula doesn't let the product wrinkle up into my skin like others do. It has an apple seed and Vitamin E moisturising layer around the concealer core and is perfect to just glide on and rub in. I also use the concealer-y bit in the middle to cover blemishes and it works really well! 

It was a birthday splurge, originally priced at £18.50, but I had a 15% discount offer going on at the time. You can find this at all Benefit counters.


 4. MAYBELLINE MEGA PLUSH MASCARA:

From the Volum' Express range, this mascara is quite new and quite exciting. The formula is completely different. It is wetter, mousse-like and is easy to apply. The lashes instantly look longer and more defined in just one swoop, and after a few coats you are ready to go. 

Because of the formula there are hardly any flakey bits coming off after a long time of wearing it, which is great because that is my PET HATE. Along with 'Mascara goop' in the corner of your eye! It won't budge all day, and it will take a lot of make up remover to get rid of it, which can be a good or bad thing, you decide. 

I'm not a fan of the brush. It's flexible at the end and I don't feel like I have all the control (what does that say about me?!) so to rectify this, I use the Max Factor false lash effect wand and the combo of the 2 leaves incredible results for me! It's just a preference thing and it might work for you! Because it is new, the introductory price is £5.99 in Boots, and I'm sure that's the same across the other shops too. 



5. BOURJOIS SO MATT NAIL TOP COAT: 

This product has changed my life. I wanted to try out the black matt to shiny French Tip manicure so I bought this matt top coat to achieve the look. I need a bit of practice with it, however, this top coat could quite possibly be my favourite thing. 

I pop it on over every nail colour I wear and it just looks really smooth and elegant. Sometimes I feel the shiny finish of nail varnish ruins the look for me a little bit and this has changed everything! To do the black french tip look, you first need to paint your nails with a standard, shine finish black nail varnish. Wait for it to dry and place French Tip tape over the very top of the nail, and then apply the matt top coat to the bottom section. Leave to dry, peel of the stickers and et voila you have a black matt French manicure. 

I bought this, along with a black nail polish from Boots, as there was a 2 for £8 offer on at the time! 

These are just some of the day-to-day products that I have really been loving at the moment and I highly recommend all of them to you. As the student loan had come rolling in, I decided to treat myself just a little bit for working hard and there's nothing wrong with that! I feel like a brand new woman because of my little pamper sessions and I feel that the women of the world are becoming more stressed and all need to do the same! Well that's what I think anyway ;) 

All the best, 

Ashley x

No comments:

Post a Comment