26/07/2013

WEIGHT WATCHERS WEEK 2: The Struggle

So it's only my second week and I've struggled. It was just slow. Really slow.

I've been out a couple of times too, so PRAISE DE LORRRD for the weekly allowance!

FOOD
The thing is, I eat when I'm bored. Being at home: a place where I have no reliable, independent transport, in a house with no internet connection and an unreliable job I've just felt really down over the week, so giving into the temptation of chocolate and carbs and then trying not to eat because I'm bored has been an uphill struggle! But I managed! And found that an Options hot chocolate is only 1pp so even if I felt like I neeeeded chocolate I wasn't made to feel guilty about it. So that was that!

But in other food news, I've been doing all right! Sticking with my usual breakfast of Oats so simple and a banana – although I had a dietary fry up on Tuesday after swimming and water aerobics! Instead of meat, I had a veg sausage with 2 poached eggs on a slice of weight watchers toast with tomatoes, all in all totting up to 8pp and was the perfect way to start one's day.

On Sunday I managed to dip into my points as I was out all day at a Folk Festival in Hatfield, so burger and chips it was. Nevertheless I hadn't done too badly over the week, keeping watch on what I was eating and making sure I documented every single little thing. It started to get a bit tedious but then the solution was clear... stop sneakily snacking!

EXERCISE
So my diet week starts on Wednesday, and I didn't go out and do any exercise until the following Monday! However I had traipsed up and down London last Thursday, which I documented on my activity tracker and it amounted to 17 extra points! So I definitely earned the pizza I was given for tea. On Monday I went to the gym with Danielle for an hour and a half, doing everything I possibly could, varying cardio and muscle toning. The following morning I went to water aerobics and then for a swim after, but as I was still aching from the night before I just felt as though I was going to drown! Still, you push on through, keep going and know when you've reached your limit, so Wednesday was the day of rest.


So over the week I've had quite a difficult time of it and it showed on the scales as I'd only lost 0.4kg LOL! Every little helps though I suppose. AND after swimming on Tuesday I tried some clothes on and found out that I'd dropped a dress size! So that was cracking news and I bought a new dress... of course!

Also, a quick note to say that the £1 shop sells all of the weight watcher branded biscuits and crisps, as well as Kallo crackers, which I LOVE. I have the Kallo corn crackers (1pp a cracker) with a little dollop of reduced fat philadelphia and I'm in heaven.

Any way, not much to report on really, just plodding on through. Here's to the next week!

x




No comments:

Post a Comment