26/07/2013

YOU'RE FROM THE SEVENTIES BUT I'M A NINETIES BITCH

I LOVE IT.

Last week Danielle and I headed to London to meet my pal Katie who lives in Devon (gerron ye janner!!). We went to Oxford Street to have a gander in the shops, and then headed to Carnaby Street, and it was all in all a very successful day! Sweltering in the 30 degree, British heatwave mugginess, we hopped from shop to shop: TopShop, Urban Outfitters, American Apparel, New Look, H&M and many, many others. Katie was on a mission and picked up a beautiful red, floral playsuit in TopShop, and the jacket of all jackets from American Apparel – perfect for the upcoming Autumn months!

I managed to find my favourite purchase of the year! Swallowed by nostalgia, I saw the jelly sandals on the shelf in American Apparel, pupils dilated and before you know it I'm walking out of the shop with a paper bag containing black, juju jelly sandals. I don't know how it happened. But I'll never look back. I know a lot of the gals are wondering whether or not to hop on the plastic bandwagon and pick themselves up a pair, and you know what I say? DO IT. They are so comfortable! The black pair that I'd bought just go with EVERYTHING and dare I say they look rather classy?! I don't even know if jellies can look classy?


Don't even get me started on how practical they are. Remember when you were little and you'd wear them on the beach? I'm going to re-live the dream. 

So that's all I have to say about them really, but I definitely do recommend a pair if anyone is umming and ahhing about the idea. 

You won't look back!


No comments:

Post a Comment