15/08/2013

WEIGHT WATCHERS WEEK 5: Lost in a field of cows.

I DID IT!!! First stone has been removed and this time it is for good haha! I had a little glimmer of hope last Sunday when I weighed myself and lost 13.2 lbs from my starting weight but then it was downhill. I had a horrible time of it putting on 2lbs last week, but that only motivated me more to keep at it! And the motivation paid off, as this week I had lost 4lbs! All in all I have lost my first stone for good! It has taken me 5 weeks, but I'm quite happy with that. I think the longer it takes to work it off, the longer it will stay off because not only am I gradually losing the weight, but I'm also gradually losing the bad habits!

So this week has been pretty good for exercise! I can track all of the walking I do on my tracker, so I "Walked slowly" around London for 4 hours (not including stops and breaks, it was an all day affair that you can read about here!) and that earned me a whopping 22pp! And I wouldn't say it was cheating either because I had specified that it was a slow walk and nothing more! That morning I also attended a water aerobics class and a 12 minute cool down swim (breast stroke), adding another 8pp to the diary. So that was a cracking day!

The next day (Friday) I went to aqua aerobics and had a swim and then on Sunday, Andrea and I went for a little trek around Thorndon Park. It was hard work! We were walking around for a good hour and a half, and as Essex is a bit hilly and farmy, most of it was up hill! So a power walk up hill did me some good! Andrea is rather into being active so she pushed me to start doing runs up hill and down hill and round hills... you get the idea. There were times I thought I was gonna hurl everywhere, but I refrained and all was well! I did 10 tricep-dips on a park bench, but the bench push ups were a bridge too far! Didn't like that AT ALL. Overall I earned around 12pp, but I really enjoyed it so I'll do it again.

The funny thing was, at Thorndon you kind of venture out of the park and into farmer's fields, and it doesn't take much to get lost... we ended up in fields of cows on multiple occasions, and it was an obstacle course in itself to dodge the cow pats. Nice.

Having a crackin time at Thorndon Park ;D (ps I'm aware I look rank, I can't be glamorous ALL the time!) 
Then on Tuesday I managed another aqua class and a swim. This visit was less pleasant than usual however, as I was approached by the incompetence of Impulse Leisure haha. Maybe incompetence is a harsh term but I wasn't happy! Firstly I was in a massive rush to get to my class at half 7 in the morning, so I forgot my keys with the card attached. The woman moaned at me because apparently they charge if you forget your card. I wouldn't mind but I had paid £50 just to have the bloody thing in the first place so I thought it was rather cheeky! I was then told I was blocked from the facilities because I hadn't attended the gym induction. I didn't go because I feel a bit more comfortable at Slender You and it works out better for me. So I phoned and I phoned and I phoned Impulse to cancel the induction before I was due to go... but no one picked up. I emailed them too, so it was lovely to know they never even acknowledged it!

Oh well, won't be joining again! It was only a 6 week membership for students so luckily I'm not tied down in a year's contract! Sorry, rant over!

Food wise, it has been a pretty good week! I ate into my points at the very beginning because I had a curry night dinner party with alcohol and cheesecake for dessert (my word it was heaven!) but since then I've more than made up for it! Had another nandos; a chicken wrap with rice and macho peas, adding up to 18 points out of a daily 44! I've been using the calculator a lot more, adding the food contents for some things that aren't on the system. So you add in how much protein, fat, fibre and carbs per serving of a certain food and it works it all out for you! I found out the butternut squash and quinoa salad with roasted carrot dip from M&S (Where else?!) comes to 9pp! So that's good to know!

I've been eating the usual salads and fruit, keeping an eye on what I'm eating, making sure it's all fat free and whatever and eating well within my points since last Wednesday's splurge!

And I've lost a stone... don't know if I mentioned it ;)

So that's that! Here's to next week!

Ashley x

No comments:

Post a Comment