02/09/2013

MOVING IN MAYHEM & MOTHS.

It's been a while, for which I am truly sorry readers! I have had a pretty whirlwind few weeks! Even the diet has (almost) gone out of the window... something I'm pretty depressed about! F.A.I.L.U.R.E

So it's been a strange couple of weeks. I've moved my ass back down to the LOVELY seaside town of Bournemouth into a new house with my bezzie Kat. It's a six-bedroom house, and there's us two and four others who we'd never met! Another girl called Katie, and three guys: Ben, Dan and James. It's all too early to tell how things are going to go living here. I can't say I've felt very settled, but I think it's because despite coming back to Bournemouth it's all entirely different! New area, new faces – and it's not like we've been thrust together in a series of Freshers events like last year... we're not all "In the same boat" (I hated that saying) and we've all got our lives and differences and it's just going to take some getting used to and some readjusting! My pals in other houses are moving down pretty soon though so things should be getting back to normal. I guess I just miss them ;)

However the people are nice and we had a nice little bonding sesh last night in front of the telly watching X Factor! And the house though. Oh em gee. It's insane for a student house! It's all soooo new! My bedroom has only just been built... it wasn't here 3 months ago when I put my deposit down! I was living on the edge. It's nice, very minimalist in terms of furniture, but the bed is MAHOOSIVE and so comfortable! And my shower has COLOUR CHANGING LED LIGHTS. It's like a disco. I've even showered with the big light off to reap the benefits (and then snorted a load of face wash by accident resulting in an almost panic attack in the dark, so perhaps not again ay?!) .

I've locked myself out twice in the space of a week. It always happens on a Monday too. The problem is I have this bulky lock on my door that has a whole latch system and everything, and the door itself doesn't shut properly, so I take the door off the latch when I'm getting changed because my room comes off of the living room and it would be embarrassing if I was starkers and the door just flung open.

So then I open the door, forget that it's off the latch and close the door, leaving the keys inside my bedroom and locking myself out the other side. Now you're probs thinking that it's not so bad, just use the spare key?? Well yes, great idea, I just have to walk down a massive high street to pick them up from the Estate Agents! AND WHEN THEY'RE SHUT ON A BANK HOLIDAY SO YOU HAVE TO SLEEP IN YOUR MATES ROOM AND BORROW HER SHOES AND THEN WALK IN YESTERDAY'S CLOTHES THAT YOU'VE USED AS PYJAMAS TO RETRIEVE THE KEYS, LIFE IS NOT SO PEACHY. It's not even like it was the walk of shame either. I didn't get anything out of this situation apart from possession deprivation and sadness.

And then you do it a second time and then realise that you're just stupid.

The moths that roam around this place are freakishly big. It's like they're not even moths, they're bats. I had about three visit me on Friday evening and what a mission that was to try and usher them out of my room! Deodorant, hair brush and determination at the ready, special agent Chalmers was on the case. I only managed to remove two of the three, no thanks to Katherine. She just screamed and ran off every time a monster flew in my face. And as I type this another mammoth moth has just flown into my big Chinese lantern lampshade. It's like he knew. But this is the place moths come to die...

So on to the diet. Well I've still been tracking and it's not been too bad, I just know that despite the points all adding up I know I've eaten the wrong foods. Like Kat and I are REALLY GOOD at dinners! Really healthy salads and healthy versions of pizza and using quinoa instead of rice (which is great btw!) but I have indulged in chocolate, crisps, chips and ice cream! And eating out too! I have joined the gym but I'm yet to have my induction, so I've been a bit lax on the exercise front. I'm slowly but surely eating better again (saying no to crisps, chocolate and Bournemouth Beach Harry Ramsden chips *sobs*) and Kat's pretty supportive too, so it's going to all be fine. I've just had a week out! I need to invest in some scales because I don't have any here, and we'll finally be back on track. I just need to get into a routine and all will be right with the world again!

Other than that it's good to be back! The first night, Kat and I went to the beach just for chips and ended up seeing this amazing Firework display happening over the sea! We've had a trip to Weymouth and went to the Bournemouth Air Festival on Saturday night, where LOADS of cool planes flew past – some with fireworks coming out of them, some with free fallers with fire canons attached parachuting out of them. It was mental but really, really awesome.

So that's about it, and that's why I've been a bit quiet! But now we are back in business!

More music, make up and mishaps are to be continued as of NOW. I'm getting thicker by the minute, so this shall be a good second year! Can't wait to share it all with you!

Ashley x




No comments:

Post a Comment