12/09/2013

New Look (again)

So it's not really that new, but relative to the amount of times I have updated this blog it is almost breaking news that I've changed my look YET AGAIN.

I no longer have red hair! I was getting a bit bogged down with the upkeep of it all really, it was such a faff. And although I loved the colour and the way it looked and despite it being my favourite look yet, it was time for another change. So I tried dying it back to a natural brown by myself with Garnier's Olia, but that was a pointless and rubbish exercise. It didn't have any bleaching agent in it, and the red just WOULD NOT BUDGE. So I texted Lauren and she was more than happy to help me out!

I haven't styled my hair at all today, hence the frizz!
It started with a cut. The long, ratty, raspberry ends now took residence on the floor. I looked down to see that almost half a head of hair had been sheared and it literally felt like a weight had been lifted! The second time round in the chair was a dye job 2 weeks later; from vibrant and vivid purpley-pink to a classic and sultry ashy brown number. I'm really happy with it. You can still see I was once a red-head with some of the copper tones, but the ash in the brown dye did a pretty good job cancelling most of it out.

I think I'm trying to look a bit classier now. I've had my fun. But as the autumn season and a fresh new academic year creeps upon us it is a great excuse to start again. I just couldn't stand not being able to give my hair a good wash without it looking as though I'd murdered someone in the bathroom, or having my life depend on Batiste dry shampoo. The longer it got the more it fell out and to be honest it was quite a depressing ordeal. I just like to have healthy looking hair that I can manage!

So that's that!

But that is not all my friends, oh-no! I come baring news for you all which I shall now birth...

I bought a new foundation the other day and I'm really impressed with it! It's Rimmel's latest Stay Matte Cake No More Can't eat cake or something about cake Foundation. I LOVE it. It's only £5.99 in Boots at the moment on an introductory offer and it has worked a dream so far! I tried a sample from the latest GLAMOUR mag and had to go for it. It stays on all day and I feel that it gives me a really nice, smooth and even coverage! The problem is that if you have dry skin it may be best to keep away from it and try Rimmel's Wake Me Up Foundation (£8.99) instead, because I know Matte foundation tends to accentuate dry patches. I have combination skin, and to combat any dryness I just whack on some E45 before primer and foundation. It's only cheap and does a lovely job.

For the past couple of days I've been using a sample of Benefit's Stay Flawless 15 Hour Primer and I'm in love! It really does keep my make up on all day like a magnet. I think I'll save up and purchase it later – it costs a pricey £24.50!

In Boots at the moment, there's a "Buy one get one half price on all make-up" offer. When buying my foundation I also bought a Maybelline Gel Liner, because the Rimmel one that I used to swear by now smudges like a good'un. It's good because you get a little liner brush with it and it is so easy to use! More importantly it stays on and doesn't smudge.

So that is all. Hair and Make-Up double whammy!

May I also just say I am LOVING the Tartan trend this Autumn! And according to Topshop's mag, fashion is having a "tactile" moment, and so am I. I'm loving black fluffy jumpers at the minute and believe or not, I found a nice one in Asda Living yesterday for £12! SUCH a bargain! I'm wearing it in the pic above and love it.

There you go, some fashion in there for you too!

Now that really is all. Laterz.

Ashley x

(P.S - I will update this post with original pictures of products later this evening!)

No comments:

Post a Comment