12/10/2013

My name is Ashley - and I'm a Polishaholic

I think I'm getting slightly addicted to nail varnish.

It's getting to the point where I need help, because every time I go into Boots or Superdrug I end up coming out with a new lacquer that I either won't wear; is the 500th edition of the SAME colour, (a girl can never have enough Burgundy I guess??) or is really minging, but I had an impulsive, spur of the moment crave for a 'Sugar effect' yellow. Yes, that's right. I honestly can't tell you how unflattering that one is on me especially as I am SO PALE that yellow would never work wherever I put it.

So the first step to curing the problem is admitting that you have a problem, correct? Well I have admitted it to myself but I have a fear that some things will NEVER change. And if friends roll their eyes at me because I have purchased another addition to the collection instead of buying what I went in for, then you guys really need to be more supportive ;)

Having said all of this, I really did buy some beautiful nail polishes the other day in Boots! I have ventured into Maybelline's Color Show by Colorama collection and the latest Rimmel Space Dust collection and I'll have to say that I am in love. I have no regrets. Call me Edith Piaf.

                                  


So yes, I DID buy another Burgundy. It is my all time favourite colour for nails and I am extremely excited that it is taking Autumn trends by storm. I've seen it worn in all it's glossy glory, or painted over with a matte top coat and it just looks gorgeous, no matter your skin tone. I am loving vampy, punk, goth trends at the moment (don't worry I'm not turning into Marilyn Manson...) and Burgundy works so well with it all.

I bought the Color Show nail polish in Burgundy Kiss for £2.99 in Boots. I have had it on for a day, and I have noticed some chipping on one nail, however I think that was my fault and not the polish's! I can imagine this with the Bourgeois Matte top coat over the top to create a casual, grungey sort of look.

From Maybelline I also bought a nail varnish from the same range but a limited edition one. It is from the Vintage Leather collection, which has a range of neutral shades, from terracotta to khaki green. I went for the khaki green option and I can't wait to try it! 'Mudslide Tote' is £2.99 from Boots. My friend Katie bought the same one and put it on as soon as she got home. It dries with a matte finish to go with the whole leathery effect and it really is a lovely nail polish!

I bought it because I have always wanted to try this colour, I think it is one of those that would go with nearly everything particularly in this Autumnal season. I also saw a picture of young actress Chloe Moretz at the premiere at her latest movie 'Carrie', where she had this earthy shaded manicure – so her look sort of inspired this buy.


The next polish on the list is from Rimmel's latest collection 'Space Dust'. There really are some GORGEOUS colours in the range and if I could I would have bought them all! I picked two shades: Total Eclipse and Aurora. Total Eclipse is a high density multi-coloured glitter polish that overall picks up a deep emerald colour, mixed with blacks and purples. It really is intergalactic.

I love the dark colours all mixed together, but what is good about it is that the colours all manage to differentiate themselves. You can detect the blue hues, greens and purples individually. Again it is quite a grungey mix, but it would definitely add a little something special to an Autumn outfit.

The final colour from the haul is Space Dust's "Aurora". It is SO BEAUTIFUL. I think it is a really classy colour that would be perfect for an evening. It is a light pink/nude nail polish that is jam packed with silver glitter particles. It quite reminds me of champagne or fireworks – a celebratory colour that would be perfect for christmas parties (sorry, I know it's only October! Please don't hurt me!) or swanky events! I'm absolutely in love with it. I feel like a magpie – as soon as I see something shiny I'm there!

So if I'm completely honest I have no shame and will continue to buy nail varnishes until I have to buy a separate house to home them all. Maybe that's a bit extreme, but the heart wants what the heart wants... and this heart wants cute nails.

If you can't resist a good polish, get in touch and show me your latest buys!

Much love,

Ashley x

@ashleyrose_x

No comments:

Post a Comment