08/10/2014

Hello... me again...

Am I still allowed on here?

Is it socially acceptable to post on this blog, after leaving it to go stale for MONTHS?

I don't know what I was thinking. I wanted to try my hand at something different but I couldn't really cope with everything all at once and Sonic Rose fell away into the ether. But now we're back in the game. I miss just writing about life and the things I love, so I'm coming back... If you'll have me?



A lot has changed since I last updated this blog. I've quit WeightWatchers, but hey ho I'm still here, living and breathing and keeping hold of the good habits that I've learned on my weight-loss journey. I've learned to love food and embrace it for all it's goodness. The up and down relationship with food has now become quite a stable one, and I think I will upload some healthy made up recipes to this blog. Ones that I like, are my go-to in times of need and make me happy. I've also taken quite the shine to swimming again. I know it can get rather boring; up and down, monotonously gliding the way to fitness. But it's actually quite effective if you are like me and have a phobia of running anywhere.

I have also managed to snap up a cracking lad to share my life with. AKA got a boyfriend (in less cringey terms). He's wonderful and believe it or not he was my housemate in that god awful housing situation that I had last year. You know the one with the pest of a landlord, a creepy swede and asbestos everywhere?

Well, Ben was one of the boys I lived with, and seven months after moving in we fell in love (cringe soz). And seven months later, here we are! He's gorgeous, he works at Claridge's in London and is an all round wonderful person. I'm very happy to say the least. To be honest, I'm sure a lot of you reading this know about him and are bored of me droning on. But all I want to say is that our relationship has shown me, that even in your darkest hours, something as bright as a supernova will soon follow. So that's that bit done and out of the way.

What else has happened? Well, I managed to pass the second year of my University course with a decent grade. I know this sounds like a brag, but I can't even tell you how pleased I am after the shocking start to the year that I had. But now I am literally just starting my third year, and crikey it is INTENSE. Millions of long words and abbreviations have been flung around the introductory lectures. However, I'm quite excited. If I have the confidence, I reckon this could be a very good year!  So fingers crossed... wish me luck! And if any of you are about to embark on something crazy/new/intense/weird I wish you luck too. May the odds be ever in our favour.

Many of you who follow me on social media will know that my Summer hols consisted of a wanderlusting geriatric and a coach trip to Amsterdam. It was an eye opener to say the least. I will write a blog post about it as soon as possible because as much as I think I want to forget the experience, I can't see myself ever doing so. So why not immortalise it in the form of online media? You have that to look forward to you LUCKY devils. But in all seriousness, Amsterdam and all of the other places that I visited in Holland and Belgium were absolutely beautiful and I would DEFINITELY go again. With someone my age.

So that's it, really. I suppose the next couple of posts will relate to some of the things I did over the summer and just catching up. I'm very happy and very excited to be back.

Much Love,

Ashley x



No comments:

Post a Comment